Certificate IV in Hospitality
The SIT40422 Certificate IV in Hospitality qualification covers a wide range of core hospitality topics, and exciting electives. Graduates who complete their Certificate IV in Hospitality will be competent in the responsible service of alcohol, food safety and hygiene, bartending, coffee making and food and beverage service skills. They will have the leadership skills to manage and lead others within a business, along with grounding in the financial and operational foundations of running a leading hospitality venue.
The course structure allows for repeated practice of practical skills, continually building on existing skills to help develop both confidence and professionalism. The confidence and skills our graduates attain will allow them to operate independently or with limited guidance from others, and use their discretion to solve non-routine problems in the workplace.
Course Duration and Study Options
• IELTS 5.5 or equivalent* (No band below 5.0).
• Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent in the student’s home country).*
• Students who have not completed high school must have relevant work experience or a qualification that indicate a likely success of course completion.
*Alternatively, students are required to take a pre-test before enrolment.
Please contact us for tuition fee of this course.
Skills and knowledge assessments are an essential step in progressing through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you study at the Queensland Academy of Technology, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and through recognition of prior learning.
You can choose to package this course with the Diploma of Hospitality for a shorter duration of the combined programs. Contact us to find out more!
We have many payment options available depending on each individual student. Please Contact QAT to know what payment option suits you.
Why Study with QAT?
At QAT our aim is to assist you in reaching the required competence and confidence to succeed within the Hospitality industry.
Join QAT industry award winning trainers who will provide you with the individual training support to successfully achieve your study to reach career goals and gain employment in the Hospitality, Events and Tourism industry.
You will receive:
• This course will upgrade student’s skills and knowledge to become qualified in a supervisory role within hospitality.
• This qualification is nationally recognised.
• Our trainers are qualified, industry-experienced professionals who provide one-on-one support to ensure you have the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the field.
• Students will be trained in real world settings and acquire job-ready skills through their training.
• Successful completion of this course will enable you to work as a food and beverage or front of house supervisor, or complete further study with our internal pathways.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete 21 units of competency. Students are required to complete a mandatory industry placement of 36 shifts to satisfy this component of your qualification. The qualification cannot be awarded without this being completed successfully.
SITXCCS015 - Enhance customer service experiences
SITXCOM010 - Manage conflict
SITXFIN009 - Manage finances within a budget
SITXHRM008 - Roster Staff
SITXHRM009 - Lead and manage people
SITXMGT004 - Monitor work operations
SITXWHS007 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
SITHIND008 - Work effectively in hospitality service
SITXHRM007 - Coach others in job skills
SITHFAB036 - Provide advice on food
SITXINV007 - Purchase goods
SITXINV008 - Control stock
SITXCCS016 - Develop and manage quality customer service practices
SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety*
SITHFAB021 - Provide responsible service of alcohol*
SITHFAB024 - Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
SITHFAB025 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
SITHFAB034 - Provide table service of food and beverage
SITXFSA006 - Participate in safe food handling practices
SITHIND006 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
SITXINV006 - Receive, store and maintain stock
Possible job titles include:
• Bar supervisor or team leader
• Duty manager
• Food and beverage supervisor or team leader
• Front office supervisor or team leader
• Housekeeping supervisor or team leader
• Gaming supervisor or team leader
• Shift manager
For assistance, our Enrolments Team are more than happy to help you with any questions you may have. Contact us now and we'll get you started.