Launch your hospitality career and gain endless career opportunities locally and abroad with Certificate III in Hospitality at Queensland Academy of Technology.
Gain well-rounded knowledge of the hospitality industry and hands-on hospitality skills for employment in restaurants, cafes, hotels and bars, or continue with further studies with the Certificate III in Hospitality at QAT.
Kickstart your hospitality career in the field that:
- Has a fast-growing future;
- Is diverse and filled with opportunities;
- Offers great job prospects;
- Is dynamic and ever-changing;
- Every day is a brand new experience!
The SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality qualification covers a wide range of core hospitality topics including how to deliver outstanding customer service, suggestive selling techniques, handling customer complaints, Barista training, bar & beverage product knowledge and correct hospitality service techniques.
QAT’s unique food and hospitality focused education model enables students to make the most of a rewarding career in the Hospitality industry. QAT’s mission is to help students achieve their highest potential personally, academically, and professionally. We focus on assisting students to gain successful
employment during their studies and following graduation. This course provides a pathway to supervision, management and business ownership.
Course Duration and Study Options
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent* (No band below 5.0)
- Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent in the student’s home country)*
- Students who have not completed high school must have relevant work experience or a qualification that indicate a likely success of course completion.
Skills and knowledge assessments are an essential step in progressing through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you study at the Queensland Academy of Technology, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and through recognition of prior learning.
You can choose to package this course with the Certificate IV in Hospitality for shorter duration and less cost.
Contact us to find out more!
We have many payment options available depending on each individual student.
Please Contact QAT to know what payment option suits you.
Why Study with QAT?
At QAT our aim is to assist you in reaching the required competence and confidence to succeed within the Hospitality industry.
Join QAT industry award winning trainers who will provide you with the individual training support to successfully achieve your study to reach career goals and gain employment in the Hospitality, Events and Tourism industry.
You will receive:
- This course will train you to communicate and work effectively within the hospitality industry.
- Students will also learn the importance of using hygienic practices for food safety.
- Students will gain practical skills for serving food and beverage, providing responsible service of alcohol, preparing and serving espresso coffee.
- Our trainers are qualified, industry-experienced professionals who provide one-on-one support to ensure you have the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the field.
- Students will be trained in real world settings and acquire job-ready skills through their training.
- Successful completion of this course will enable you to work in food and beverage, accommodation services and gaming, or complete further study with our internal pathways.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete 15 units of competency. Completing placement is compulsory, and you will be expected to manage family and work commitments in order to complete your shifts. You are required to complete a minimum of 36 shifts of placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Provide responsible service of alcohol
Use hygienic practices for food safety
Source and use information on the hospitality industry
Provide table service of food and beverage
Participate in safe work practices
Provide service to customers
Coach others in job skills
Show social and cultural sensitivity
Serve food and beverage
Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
Work effectively with other
Prepare and serve espresso coffee
Source and present information
Provide advice on food
Work effectively in hospitality service (36 shifts)
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. It provides options for specialisation in areas such as accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming. The qualification also allows an outcome for small businesses requiring multi-skilled employees.
- Espresso coffee machine operator
- Food and beverage attendant
- Front desk receptionist
- Function attendant
- Function host
- Gaming attendant
- Restaurant host
- Senior bar attendant
Students can pursue further studies by enrolling into Certificate IV in Hospitality. For information on our pathways, please see pathway programs.
Alternatively, for shorter study duration, apply to study a packaged course. Student can choose to package this course with a higher level certificate course in Hospitality. For more information, please contact us.
For assistance, our Enrolments Team are more than happy to help you with any
questions you may have.
Contact us now and we'll get you started.
**Alternatively, students are required to take a pre-test before enrolment